Monday, January 24, 2011

Allergy Lesson

So this crazy lady comes into the pharmacy today after we had filled 2 prescriptions for her on Friday. Both were filled for generics because the brand name drug is no longer available.  She is demanding a refund because she "is allergic to ALL generic drugs."  I replied that "there is no way you can be allergic to over 1,000 generic drugs." She then said, "yes I am because the doctor gave them all to me in the hospital and I was allergic to them all."  I then told her that "maybe it is all in your head that you are allergic."  She replied with "no it is not, my doctor said that too, but no I really am allergic to ALL generics." 

After wasting 20 minutes of my time trying to explain to her that there was no brand name for the drugs she was prescribed and that the doctor was not going to give her anything with a brand name available she finally left without her medicine, guess she is not that nauseous.

No comments:

Post a Comment